SWAPS are tent sale events held in the parking lot at our New Bigger better Toronto Store Location at 105 Vandehoof Ave. They are a terrific opportunity to buy or sell used equipment.
Summer Swap Dates
APRIL SUMMER SWAP
- Friday April 15th – Gear Drop Off Day
- Saturday April 16th – Swap Day (9am-6pm)
- Sunday April 17th/Monday April 18th – Gear Pick Up Days
MAY SUMMER SWAP
- Friday May 27th – Gear Drop Off Day
- Saturday May 28th – Swap Day (9am-6pm)
- Sunday May 29th/Monday May 30th – Gear Pick Up Days
JUNE SUMMER SWAP
- Friday June 24th – Gear Drop Off Day
- Saturday June 25th – Swap Day (9am-6pm)
- Sunday June 26th/Monday June 27th – Gear Pick Up Days
JULY SUMMER SWAP
- Thursday July 21st – Gear Drop Off Day
- Friday July 22nd – Swap Day (noon-9pm)
- Saturday July 23rd – Swap Day (9am-6pm)
- Sunday July 24th/Monday July 25th – Gear Pick Up Days
AUGUST SUMMER SWAP
- Thursday August 18th – Gear Drop Off Day
- Friday August 19th – Swap Day (noon-9pm)
- Saturday August 20th– Swap Day (9am-6pm)
- Sunday August 21st/Monday August 22nd – Gear Pick Up Days
SEPTEMBER SUMMER SWAP
- Friday September 16th – Gear Drop Off Day
- Saturday September 17th – Swap Day (9am-6pm)
- Sunday September 18th/Monday September 19th – Gear Pick Up Days
Winter Swap Dates
NOVEMBER WINTER SWAP
- Monday November 21st - Gear Drop Off Starts for Snowboard Swap
- Friday November 25th – Sunday November 27th – Snowboard Swap
- Monday November 28th – Gear Pick Up
- Equipment Drop Off Days: Monday-Saturday of the SWAP.
- Equipment Pick Up: Sunday-Monday of the SWAP.
- The following items may be registered in the swap: Snowboards, Boots, Bindings, Jackets, Pants & Kites
- Items that are not accepted include: Helmets, Gloves, Goggles, and Bags, summer water sports equipment (excluding kites).
- Equipment Drop Off Days: Friday (noon)-Saturday of the SWAP.
- Equipment Pick Up: Sunday-Monday of the SWAP.
- The following items may be registered in the swap: Windsurfing, Kiteboarding, Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Surfing, Wakeboarding, Waterskiing, and Skateboarding gear.
- Items that are not accepted include: Snowboarding equipment
You may print and complete the Swap Registration Form, click here.
We will do our best to sell your gear. When it sells you can either:
- Take the full amount (100%) of the selling price as a store credit to buy any new item from BOARDSPORTS. Store credits do not have an expiry date.
- Receive a cheque for 80% of the selling price. Cheques are mailed within two weeks ($25 minimum).
To find out if your equipment has been sold: please call the store (416-485-9463) and have your SWAP ID#(s) available from your copy of the Swap Registration Form.
We cannot store your unsold gear. Please pick up all unsold items by 8pm Monday. There is a storage fee of $20/day on items not picked up. After ten days, items will be disposed. BOARDSPORTS is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen items.
Some Tips for Selling Your Gear at the Swap
Sellers at the swap have the right to price their swap items at their own discretion. However, we have some tips to make sure that your item will move and for the best possible price.
In general, sporting equipment tends to depreciate in value by about 50% after its first year in use. Remember that whoever chooses to buy your equipment incurs a certain level of risk regardless of its condition. Used equipment does not qualify for manufacturers’ warranties and swap sales are final. In the store, we often have older models on sale for 30-40% off new. So, even if you are selling a board you bought last year at full price, do not expect a return significantly more than half of what you paid for it.
If you are attempting to sell an older item, reasonable asking prices vary widely. Your best bet is to consult a Boardsports employee and check out what other similar items are priced at in the swap. However, sometimes older equipment simply becomes obsolete and is difficult to sell for any price. For example, kite design has come very far in the last decade. Kiteboarders who are familiar with kites over ten years old usually choose not to use them. And such kites are definitely not suitable for those new to the sport.
When you enter an item into the swap, it is given a swap number. You can choose to bundle multiple items under one swap number, which ensures that they will sell together. Certain items sell best as a bundle. For example if you are selling a kite, it is best to bundle it with your bar and lines. Remember that if you assign individual swap numbers to each item, there is a chance that some of the items will sell and you will be taking home the rest. However, if you are looking to sell as much of your gear as possible, splitting it up will allow shoppers at the swap to pick through and customize their new –used set up. This is an especially effective way to sell windsurf rigs. Often older equipment sells best bundled together while customers looking at newer items may want to pick out individual items.
Remember that all prices at the swap are non-negotiable. To increase the chance of selling your equipment, we recommend setting the price at the lowest you will be happy with.
The individual SELLERS own the items registered in the swap. The SELLERS set the price. The price is fixed and non-negotiable. BOARDSPORTS does not inspect nor guarantee the condition of swap items. Swap items do not have a warranty. It is your responsibility to inspect items prior to making a purchase. BOARDSPORTS staffs the tent (not the SELLERS) and our salespeople are available to help you determine what equipment is most suitable, in the best condition, and best value. Swap Items are subject to 13% HST sales tax. Swap items are final sale and non-returnable.
Tons of free parking available right out front of the store!