Demos & Events
The BOARDSPORTS Snow Kite Demo Day is a free event which provides participants with an introduction to kiteboarding by flying small trainer kites (size 1-3 m2) and watching experienced kiters. Experienced snow kiters may try larger kites with approval of a BOARDSPORTS representative after demonstrating their ability. All participants must wear helmets while flying kites. The DEMO is not to be construed as a substitute for professional instruction and we recommend you seek the guidance of a certified professional kiteboarding instructor to continue your kiteboarding progression.
Sunday January 15th 2017 (1 - 4pm)
Sunday February 5th 2017 (1 - 4pm)
Sunday February 26th 2017 (1 - 4pm)
Cooks Bay, Lake Simcoe, Keswick, Ontario
WHAT TO BRING:
Helmet, Snowboard or Skis
HOW TO REGISTER:
Each participant must register for the Demo (ie no group/family registrations). All registrations must be done online.
Simply register by going to Snow Kite Demo Days product page, select a date from the drop down menu and Add to Cart.
Don't forget to use Promotion Code "SnowKiteDemo" at check out and select Ship Via: "Toronto Store Pick-Up" to avoid freight charge.
*You will receive a confirmation email of your purchase, Please note that you do not need to come pick anything up in-store when signing up for a demo or event*
Take HWY 404 to Woodbine. Head North on Woodbine to Keswick. Turn left onto Glenwoods Avenue. Head towards the lake. We will be on the lake.
The BOARDSPORTS Stand Up Paddle (SUP) Board DEMO provides participants with an introduction to the sport and the opportunity to try SUP equipment to determine the most appropriate gear to purchase.
WHERE: Cherry Beach, Toronto
WHEN: Wednesday Mornings 7:30am-9:30am (Make sure you are on our email list to receive updates)
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Overview of SUP board terminology, materials, design, shapes and sizing.
- Overview of paddle materials, shapes, blade sizes and paddle length.
- Introduction to basic stand up paddle boarding skills and techniques.
- On water demo testing of boards and paddles in flat water conditions.
- Falling in the water and getting wet is all part of the adventure.
WHAT TO BRING:
- All participants must read, sign and bring the attached Waiver to the event. Click here for the SUP Waiver to print, sign and bring to the event.
- All participants must provide and wear a Canadian Coast Guard Approved Lifejacket. We recommend you bring your own life jacket, but we will have a few extra adult (but not childrens) life jackets if needed.
- Wetsuit booties are recommended for foot protection.
- Wetsuit is recommended for colder days.
HOW TO REGISTER: Register on our website by adding the demo you would like to attend to your shopping basket and checking out. Click here to register.
In the event the Demo must be postponed or cancelled due to bad weather (thunderstorms, heavy rain, or strong wind) or unforeseen circumstances, participants will be notified via email (at the latest 6:30am) - please check your email before heading to the beach. Contact phone numbers for the demo on the morning of the event is 416-417-9463 (however calls will not be answered if we are on the water).
If you are registered for the SUP Demo and you are unable to attend, simply send an email to: email@example.com.
- Take Cherry Street south to Cherry Beach
- At Cherry Beach head left (east) we will be near the Boardsports Big Blue SUP Demo Van.
- Call 416-417-9463